October 15, 2009

Deborah's Inspiration - Day 6

Today is my last day of inspiration with Deborah. Here is her awesome card!


I love the balance on this pretty card. The metal ring around the center embellishment draws your eyes to the focal point of the card. Another aspect of this card that is simple but great is the rounded corners on the small squares. Finally, I love how Deborah used the negative of the punched heart--what a great idea with so many endless possibilities. This card is so sweet and I can imagine it being a lovely handmade valentine!

Here is my take:


I used lots of distress ink, water splotches, and UTEE to create the texture on my card.

Many thanks to Deborah for all of the inspiration this week and for being my first victim on the blog! :) Don't forget to check back Saturday to see who the next "Inspired by" stamper will be!

Stamps: Sentiment (Making Memories)

Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Stampin' Up Black Ink

Other: UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel), Black Twine, EK Success Corner Rounder, Paper Shapers Square Punch, Marvy Uchida Heart Punch, Misc. Cardstock

4 comments :

Sue McRae said...

Your squares are fantastic! Love the colours and variations you got playing around with the distress inks!

Jacqueline said...

Never seen alot of deb's cards but you did a great job with this - so nice!

Heather Maria said...

Wow Jill another two gorgeous cards! Love your distressed ink squares - beautiful colours and technique. It's been a great week seeing your cards inspired by Deborah.

Deborah said...

Jill, I like your card much better than mine! Love all that inky goodness!