November 19, 2009

Nancy - Day 6

Hi! Today is our last day of inspiration with Nancy and I know you will love her beautiful card:


The first thing that is so striking to me about this card are the colors! I love the combination of blues, browns, reds, and oranges. Nancy's beautiful arrangement of flowers and leaves creates a pretty focal point. The use of twine goes perfectly with the distressed patterned papers and is a fun way to attach the sentiment. I know we all would be thrilled to receive this birthday card!


Here is my take on Nancy's card. I am so sorry for the wonky picture--I think this is one of those cards that definitely looks much better in real life. (even if it arrives a couple of days after your birthday; right mom? *wink* *wink* oh wait, didn't we decide it was 363 days early for next year's bday?? )



Thank you, thank you, thank you to Nancy for allowing me to feature your cards on my blog. It has been a fun week! :) Thanks also to everyone who has stopped by!!

Supplies:

Stamps: Plaid (Martha Stewart), I don't have a company name for the sentiment or flower images--so sorry!!; Distress Ink (Tim Holtz), Black Ink (Stampin' Up); Other: Pearls (Recollections), Ribbon (Offray), Dimensional Adhesive (All Night Media), Die Cut (ProvoCraft), Glue Dots, Star Dust Stickles (Ranger), Circle Punch (Paper Shapers), Scallop Punch (EK Success), Misc. Cardstock

6 comments :

Nancy said...

Your card photographed just fine and it is gorgeous. Again you've amped up the colors and produced a stunning birthday card, I'm sure your mom was thrilled to receive this beauty. Funny coincidence, I mailed a card yesterday that I made at a stamping class that featured that same flower stamp, I think it is from Stampendous.
Thank you, Jill, I have so enjoyed this fun week with you!

Sue McRae said...

Such pretty cards, Nancy's being so soft and yours being so bold! It's been a great week!

Heather Maria said...

Thanks Jill for another great week! I've really enjoyed looking at Nancy's cards and your cards inspired by her.

Nancy's card has a wonderful mix of pps and I love the dimension with the flowers and leaves. Your mom must be thrilled with her birthday card. The sparkly, pieced flower looks wonderful and love all the stitching too.

Stamping Cafe said...

Stunning card, love your take on Nancy's card! The colors are really yummy, love it!

Diana said...

WOW, love the giant red flower card. It's spectacular!

Lin said...

This has been another gorgeous week of beautiful examples by both you and Nancy. Yours today looks like stained glass!! Keep up the good work, Jill, your blog is always so much fun to visit.