December 19, 2009

Inspired by... MADDI!

Hi everyone! Sorry for the late post today. Because of the holidays, I've decided to do a special week of inspiration by various artists. To begin with today, I will be featuring one of my favorite artists, my 9 year old niece, Maddi. Tomorrow I will feature one of my other favorite artists, Maddi's sister, Emma. On Monday and Tuesday, I can't wait to show you some "Inspired by..." cards featuring a Hero Arts flickr friend who also makes videos that go along with her cards...hhhmmm, who could it be.... :)

As I said before, this gorgeous card was made by my 9 year old niece Maddi! Whenever I get mail from Maddi, I can't wait to open the envelope because I know it will be some kind of beautiful card creation, coloring, or picture she has made herself. I love how Maddi drew her own flower and made a color pattern when she colored in the petals. Don't the leaves on the stem make the perfect heart!? Finally, Maddi is so creative to think of weaving the ribbon to decorate the front of the card. Maddi- I love you so, so, SO much and I always have your card sitting out where I can see it. You always make me smile BIG!
Here is my take on Maddi's BEAUTIFUL card:
Thanks everyone for stopping by! I know it will just make Maddi's day to read your comments about her card. Please be sure to stop by tomorrow, when I share Emma's fun card!
Supplies: All stamps by Hero Arts, Ink by Tim Holtz and Stampin' Up, Corner Rounder (EK Success), Misc. Cardstock and Thread, Leaf Die Cut (Sizzix), Dimensional Adhesive (All Night Media), Pearls (Recollections)

11 comments :

Virginia L. said...

What a FABULOUS inspiration from 9-year old Maddi!! I love how yo interpret her drawing and make the card such a piece of art! Amazing, Jill!

Lin said...

Love Maddi's beautiful creation! Look's like you've had a big influence on her. Keep up the good work, Maddi!!

Rosemary said...

Totally see where your inspiration came from! What a special niece you have!!

Cathy A said...

Loved your take on Virginias cards last week, your niece certainly has an eye for colour and layout, love how she threaded the ribbon. Your inspired card is fabulous!

Nancy said...

You have certainly done Maddi's lovely colored drawing justice with your take. You totally captured the rich color and gave it some gorgeous "Jill style". How fun to have artistic nieces, looking forward to Emma's contribution tomorrow.
Hugs, Nancy

Sue McRae said...

Love that you were inspired by your niece! I see a future Hero Arts stamper in Maddi!

Katherine said...

This is lovely.

judkajudi said...

Beautiful flower picture, Maddi! And the ribbon is the perfect touch. Keep on making these beautiful pictures. 'Everyone loves receiving art work from someone they love. Merry Christmas!

Anita Rex said...

Maddi such a beauitful card you have made your Auntie! Greta job! Love the weaved ribbon! Love your flower too!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card from the very talented Maddi! Your's is beautiful as well, Jill!
marilynv19

Heather Maria said...

Wow Maddie your card is fantastic!! Your drawing and colouring are brilliant.I love flowers and I wish I had a flower as gorgeous as yours growing in my garden. I love how you weaved the ribbon through the card too - great idea!

Jill, as always, wonderful card! Love the beautiful background and your flower is stunning. The talent obviously runs in the family! Looking forward to seeing Emma's creation and your card inspired by her.