October 8, 2012

Spooktacular Tags *Day 1*

This week I have another set of tags to share with you.  Here's a little peek at the entire set:
And a look at one of the tags:
I began by stamping Penny Black 4087J Back-Seat Witch using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.  I colored this image with Copics.  I added distress ink to the background (Dried Marigold, Fired Brick, and Festive Berries).  I stamped on the corners using Penny Black 40-152 Hoot of a Time and 4273K Winter Berries using Fired Brick and Memento Morroco Ink.  The sentiment, also from Penny Black 40-152 Hoot of a Time, was stamped using Versafine Onyx Black Ink.  Finally, I added ribbon, twine, and silver pearls.
 
HINT: When working on tags, I find it helpful to stamp my main image so it extends beyond the edge of the tag. Sometimes when you don't reveal the whole image, it actually has more impact. 
 
Thanks for popping by!
See you soon with the full reveal of tag #2 in this set.
HUGS!

15 comments :

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Another fabulous creation!!!!! You are a rockstar!

Bonnie Irvine said...

I love this tag! It's adorable and beautiful at the same time. Your coloration is fabulous and I really like the winter berries stamp as a corner accent. Thanks for the inspiration!

Annette Allen said...

wow totally outstanding...

Deb Lorence said...

Cute tag Jill! Love those 2 little hedgehogs!

ednamburgess said...

Adorable and love the colors you used. And the shading was perfect. Edna

shirley said...

This tag is so adorable Jill! Thanks for the tip :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

These two hedgies are bewitching! I can't wait to see the other two tags!

Evelyn S. said...

Big :-)!

Alice Carman said...

This is awesome!!! Love how you use your inks and copics.

LindaChad said...

Too cute! Thanks for the hint too!

Larissa Heskett said...

LOVE how fun this is!! Your colors are GREAT too as usual!! THANKS for sharing and looking forward to the other tags!! Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Dawn T said...

fabulous. Love the tip. It really does make the image pop. Love the wonderful vibrant colours.

MaryH said...

Fantastic tag. I have this image, and never thought to do it the way you did (I only colored with copics). Thanks, too, for the tip about having some of the image 'off the paper'. I have a struggle to do this, and especially if I'm going to diecut. Then I get a too-big card. I really like the way you did this one. Thanks for the inspiration.

alexandra s.m. said...

Fantastic Jill!
TFS~

Karen Dunbrook said...

Wow Jill...your tags are just so fantastic!! so well done...you rock!