August 6, 2013

Too Cute, Day 2

IMG_0694
Speaking of cute...I love this guy!
IMG_0693
I began by stamping Penny Black 30-121 Fishing Dreams with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink, embossing with clear powder, and coloring with Copic Markers. I cut him out and added him to my background.  I designed the background using a frame cut using Spellbinders Labels 8. By adding the frame to the card base with dimensional adhesive, I was able to layer design elements both "above" and "below" the frame on the card.  The light blue "sky" was painted, lightly swiping a Distress Paint dauber onto the white cardstock.
IMG_0691
Instead of Copic markers, I colored this gal (Penny Black 40-142 Day at the Beach) using Art Grip Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils by Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft.  The subtle background stamping was done by repeatedly stamping Penny Black 30-181 Lace Trims (such a versatile set!).
See ya tomorrow with more CUTE!