November 5, 2013

Studio Sessions: PITT Pastel Pencils, 1 of 4

Hello, my friends! Today is the official debut of something I'm soooo excited about...
Studio Sessions
And check out what we've been creating with in the studio:
Studio Sessions
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft PITT Pastel Pencils
Additional Design Memory Craft Inspiration on their BLOG and FACEBOOK PAGE
To kick things off this week I started with a Penny Black floral stamp (30-123 Fancy Flowers) that I've been itching to ink up.
Studio Sessions
I stamped the floral image several times onto white cardstock. Next I colored it with the PITT Pastel Pencils.  I started with my darkest colors and then blended with the lighter colors. I did the same for the Penny Black Creative Die Leaves as well.  To create the background, I colored around my image with the PITT Pastel Pencils and blended with my fingertip as well as the white PITT Pastel Pencil.  I also added a bit of Gesso using my fingertip for additional blending.  Finally, to warm up the background, I colored heavily with a yellow PITT Pastel Pencil onto a piece of scratch paper, rubbed my finger on the scratch paper, and then rubbed my finger around the outer edges of my stamped piece to transfer the color.  The effect is almost a "chalky" distressed look. I also did this with the brown PITT Pastel Pencil.  To finish things off I added May Arts Jute and black pearls. 
Studio Sessions
Now, here's my FAVORITE part about Studio Sessions.  Head on over to Elizabeth's blog to see what she's created in the studio!
Studio Sessions
I haven't seen it yet, and I'm sure it's amazing, so I'm heading over there with ya!